About Azadea Group Holding
AZADEA’s possibilities started in 1978, with one small shop and countless big ambitions
- SUPPLIER PRODUCT APPROVAL & PRODUCT QUALITY
- Manage food safety and QA programs for local suppliers and distribution centers (30%)
- Support local suppliers’ approvals, by training them on YUM! audit guidelines & programs, validating the progress with frequent supplier visits
- Maintain the approved supplier list in Algeria based on YUM! QA program
- Perform mock audits for local suppliers and support 3rd party audits managed by YUM! MENAPakT QA ▪ Set up and follow up on actions plans with suppliers to maintain high levels of food safety and increased product quality
Product Food Safety and Quality Evaluation (30%)
- Support local suppliers on product approvals, based on brand standards specifications that are shared by YUM! MENAPakT QA
- Take responsibility that food products are safe as ingredients, as defined by the specification and QAPs
- Follow up with suppliers in relation to specifications compliance using the tools provided by the QA program - Periodically perform final product evaluations to ensure product quality compliance as per schedule frequencies defined by YUM! MENAPakT QA
- Escalate risks and issues to YUM! MENAPakT QA that presents potential challenges to KFC in Algeria
Responsible for local QA system performance & tracking (20%)
- Maintain a QA program database, while ensuring it is updated, complete and accurate suppliers list, specifications, ingredient listing, final product evaluation, KPI reporting, any other supplier/product related information required
- Follow up with other departments (R&D, Marketing, Operations, Training) to ensure all products/suppliers/procedures are approved, and the information is documented and maintained in the system
RESTAURANT FOOD SAFETY & CRISES MANAGEMENT
Restaurant food safety (10%)
- Ensure restaurant procedures developed by YUM! MENAPakT are implemented fully
- Periodically visit restaurants to ensure ROCC standard procedures and food safety guidelines are followed
- Follow up on ROCC action plans with timelines for resolution, in partnership with Operations team
- Validate design of new stores as per food safety guidelines
- Promptly address any food safety risk design flaw, redefining procedures or product specifications as needed in alignment with YUM! Operations team
BMU QA point of contact and reference (5%)
- Interact with local regulatory agencies and health departments to establish a confidence relationship
- Periodically meet with key local associations, councils, and other decision/policy influencing organizations, to monitor trends and anticipate threats.
Crisis management (5%)
- Coordinate food safety related crisis affecting Algeria, direct product recovery/recall actions
- Ensure local team is trained on crisis management
PEOPLE LEADERSHIP: Reports to brand GM
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: List positions or external contacts with whom this person interacts regularly.
Internal Team Interaction:
- General Manager/ Leadership Team: Reviews periodically the status of approved supplier base and product quality.
- Presents reports, proposals and updates as needed. Aligns and prioritizes.
- R&D: Interacts ongoing to align in new product development needs and product quality control
- SCM: Ongoing interaction regarding selection, approval and tracking of the supplier base.
- Ops/Training: Review’s procedures and in restaurant execution of products
- Other departments: consults and advices on implications from QA program decisions and deviations.
Yum Restaurants International:
- YUM! MENAPakT QA: Reviews periodically the status of approved supplier base and product quality. Presents reports, proposals and updates as needed. Aligns and prioritizes.
- YUM! team interaction, attends periodic QA conference calls and ongoing in other activities. Shares best practices on food safety, quality and commercialization, trends, and challenges.
- Local vendors and distribution centers: Interact with QA dept/ plant management in relation with all aspects of QA - vendor interaction, including: Plant food safety and quality standards enforcement, product specification design and compliance, ongoing quality control, crisis management.
- Interact with local regulatory and health agencies, and local food industry association forums, councils and committees. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED: State formal educational level and experience required for the job .
- State additional professional, technical or years of experience required.
- BS degree (food science or related core science) Minimum Certified in Quality related fields (HACCP, 6 sigma, SPC, quality auditor) Fluent in English, French & Arabic
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications)
- 5 years’ experience in the Food industry, in food safety, QA or related roles, or a minimum of 3 years, in restaurant / food service background.
- Experienced in Quality systems, specifications, crisis management, food safety guidelines and regulations. - Experience with food manufacturing, including an overall understanding of production facilities, quality improvement methods and product development requirements.
- Strong analytical, investigative and troubleshooting skills. Strong project management skills and detail orientated.
- Good organizational skills, ability to communicate and influence the organiza
To apply, please send us your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org